Market in Bologna

Market in Bologna
Market in Bologna

Monday, March 14, 2011

PEAR TART

As winter comes to a close, I look in the mirror and can see...I've been eating too good the last few months! Although I am interested in losing the extra pounds this winter has blessed me with, I'm not so interested in giving up on my desserts. Below you will find a nice light tart and if you want to make gluten free just replace the breadcrumbs.

As for the extra weight...I've had to plan our menu a week at a time, so we can stay on course. I love my pizza and bread but for the next few weeks it is going to be whole grain flatbread. I'll give that great recipe in the next few weeks. I usually eat pretty well but it's the snacks that got me this winter. Anyway, right now the greens are incredible! Farmers Markets are loaded with great organic vegetables and my garden is reaping the reward of a little winter gardening! Hope you enjoy the tart.
Buon Appetito!

PEAR TART

1 Cup slivered almonds, roasted

½ Cup bakers sugar

¼ Teaspoon sea salt

½ Cup breadcrumbs, plain & finely ground

1 Egg while, lightly beaten

2 Tablespoons almond or olive oil

3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice

1 Teaspoon lemon zest

3 Large ripe pears (Anjou’s are perfect)

2 Cups red grapes, halved and seeded

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly oil a 10” springform pan. In food processor combine almonds, 1/3 cup of sugar and salt. Pulse until fine ground. Add breadcrumbs and pulse to mix. Drizzle egg white and oil over breadcrumb mixture, pulse until mix is wet but still crumbly. Press 1 ½ cups of mixture into bottom of pan. Bake about 8 or 9 minutes, until firm. In large bowl combine lemon juice, zest and remaining sugar. Peel and core the pears, then slice lengthwise about 8 slices per half. Put the sliced pears into the lemon mixture as they are cut. Add grapes and toss to mix. Put the fruit mix on top of the crust. Sprinkle with the lemon mixture and top with the remaining breadcrumb

Mixture. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes (fruit should be tender and bubbling, if it browns to quickly, tent with some foil). Cool in pan on wire rack, at least 10 minutes. Loosen and remove. Serve warm or at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment