Market in Bologna

Market in Bologna
Market in Bologna

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Grilled Ratatouille

The last weekend of summer...for us in San Diego, it's just getting nice! None the less it is our last great grill holiday for awhile. No matter what you choose, why not accompany with a Grilled Ratatouille. You can do it ahead of time, before any guests arrive, and it's always a big hit. I love the charred flavor from the grill versus just doing it the traditional Provencal method. Just check out the recipe, I think you might decide to give it a try.

I just delivered all my scheduled deliveries today, so I have a four day weekend and I believe that the ratatouille is going on my Monday menu. Since I'm mentioning my deliveries, just a reminder, I cook wonderful home cooked meals and deliver to your home, ready to heat and eat. I'm available for catering at your home or business meeting, as well as private cooking classes. The cooking classes are always a great theme party. Look at my website for menu's and more information or just give me a call or email. website at www.aTastefulExperience.com.

Enough about me! You've already heard it all already. Hope you enjoyed your summer and tried new and exciting culinary adventures. I've had a great time cooking so many new and creative foods and have really enjoyed serving so many great new clients this summer.
Hope you try this recipe, it's really good. Buon Appetito!

GRILLED RATATOUILLE

2 Zucchini, cut in quarters lengthwise

2 Yellow squash, cut into quarters lengthwise

2 Japanese eggplant, halved lengthwise

4 Bell peppers, 2 red, 2 yellow, stemmed, seeded and quartered

1 Red onion, quartered

1 lb Roma tomatoes, peeled, seeded, halved

½ Cup extra-virgin olive oil

8 Cloves roasted garlic, mashed

2 Tablespoons fresh oregano, finely chopped

¼ Cup Italian parsley, finely chopped

Salt & Pepper

Place all the cut vegetables in a large flat dish, add the ½ cup of olive oil,

toss to coat thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper. Place on the grill

(use a grill pan if you are cooking inside). Turn when the vegetables are

cooked halfway, remove the tomatoes at this point. Continue grilling just

until almost cooked. Transfer to cutting board and chop coarsely, including the tomato. Place in a large bowl, add 2 tablespoons olive oil and the remaining ingredients and adjust the salt and pepper to taste. Best served at room temperature.

This recipe can be done before grilling your main course, this will allow time for cooling and letting the flavors come together. You can prepare this dish 4 to 6 hours in advance, make sure to allow time to come back to room temperature. This will easily serve 6 to 8 people as a second course.


No comments:

Post a Comment